• Drucken

Autor Thema: Call of the Banshee Queen - Orga Thread  (Gelesen 53300 mal)

Beschreibung:

Paval Thune

• Profil anzeigen
Call of the Banshee Queen - Orga Thread
« Antwort #150 am: 11.12.2009, 16:11:46 »
Paval's recent spell-casting - I like the image of people riding into a wall of stone. It'll probably never happen but it's a funny image nevertheless.

Phaerven

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #151 am: 12.12.2009, 09:22:22 »
We play with 3.0 darkness (really dark, not just a bit), right?

Zanan

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #152 am: 12.12.2009, 15:08:37 »
Yes, we play with real "darkness". Anyone who wants to cast the "new" version is able to do so though. I'd just like to know in advance  :cool:
Gæð a Wyrd swa hio scel!

Pathfinder-Übersetzungsteam

Paval Thune

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #153 am: 12.12.2009, 17:32:23 »
Is this something to do with 4th edition? And does this mean that Darkness in $ Edn isn't dark, just like D&D isn't D&D anymore?

Zanan

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #154 am: 12.12.2009, 18:07:09 »
Is this something to do with 4th edition? And does this mean that Darkness in $ Edn isn't dark, just like D&D isn't D&D anymore?

Well, it was real "darkness" (like in a cavern below ground with no illumination whatsoever) in AD&D and 3E, but (for some reason) 3.5E changed this to "shadowy illumination". In essence, visibility was simply reduced by 20%, so you could actually still see 80%. The only folk annoyed by that are rogues, who were denied their sneak attack, since people got "cover" from this 3.5E "darkness". The old dark darkness was re-introduced with blacklight (a special domain spell), but I had none of this garbage anyways. My darkness is the darkness of old, the famous "black blobs" e.g. Drizzt throws about.

Pathfinder changed that tune once more, so the spell actually reduces visibility ...
Zitat
This spell causes an object to radiate darkness out to a 20-foot radius. This darkness causes the illumination level in the area to drop one step, from bright light to normal light, from normal light to dim light, or from dim light to darkness. This spell has no effect in an area that is already dark. Creatures with light vulnerability or sensitivity take no penalties in normal light. All creatures gain concealment (20% miss chance) in dim light. All creatures gain total concealment (50% miss chance) in darkness. Creatures with darkvision can see in an area of dim light or darkness without penalty. Nonmagical sources of light, such as torches and lanterns, do not increase the light level in an area of darkness. Magical light sources only increase the light level in an area if they are of a higher spell level than darkness.
PRD Darkness

... not the non-plus-ultra, but better. Doesn't make up for the old black blobs though.

So if people throw darkness about in my games, they use the AD&D/3E version or, if required, the new one (essentially using a lesser version of this SLA or spell at their own risk).
Gæð a Wyrd swa hio scel!

Paval Thune

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #155 am: 13.12.2009, 10:11:35 »
Thanks for the explanation.  :)

In terms of D&D I've never really advanced beyond 3rd Edn. I would be hard pressed to say what the differences are between V3.5 and 3rd Edn, except what it did to my bank account. I have lots of 3.5 books, such as Ptolus, but I always read them with a 3rd Edn eye.

Zanan

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #156 am: 26.12.2009, 15:11:19 »
Lest I forget ... merry x-mas and a happy new year, you lot out there! Once I get you to those dwarven mines alive, I'll ...  :censored: :werewolf: :piper:
Gæð a Wyrd swa hio scel!

Sheiriya

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #157 am: 29.12.2009, 17:19:02 »
I hope you have had some nice days.

Well, am I right that the flying female is within reach of Sheiriya's telepathy?

Paval Thune

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #158 am: 30.12.2009, 16:46:19 »
Happy New Year to you all.

Zanan

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #159 am: 31.12.2009, 14:24:21 »
Well, am I right that the flying female is within reach of Sheiriya's telepathy?

Yes, very much so.
Gæð a Wyrd swa hio scel!

Paval Thune

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #160 am: 02.01.2010, 14:25:09 »
I hope that double 20 isn't a damage roll.  :o

Sheiriya

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #161 am: 02.01.2010, 14:50:16 »
My guess would be a will save. At least one of the two dice.

Sheiriya

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #162 am: 02.01.2010, 18:59:50 »
If there is enough time Sheiriya plans to do the following:
Spoiler (Anzeigen)

Phaerven

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #163 am: 02.01.2010, 19:29:13 »
Zhadristan has an old wand of magic missiles with an unknown number of charges. Maybe we can find out if the one who made it was any good. I hope so, it would be very embarrassing to launch only 2 or 3 missiles.

Zanan

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #164 am: 03.01.2010, 11:21:32 »
My guess would be a will save. At least one of the two dice.

First one was a SR check for Sheiriya, the second one a Will safe for the flying one.
Gæð a Wyrd swa hio scel!

• Drucken