• Drucken

Autor Thema: Ust Unboi'en Wund L'olath  (Gelesen 90382 mal)

Beschreibung:

Ashen-Shugar

• Profil anzeigen
Ust Unboi'en Wund L'olath
« Antwort #15 am: 14.11.2003, 01:49:41 »
   Drow Campaign
Zanan's Drow Kampagne

Narzen
Website
eMail 19:14 Sep.23 - Re: Ust unboi\'en wund l\'olath
"We will proceed as planned before the attack. Shortest route through the city, then to the tunnel leading closer to our destination" Narzen replies. "Take a quick look around for more of the orogs or worse, and then we all move out", he adds to Dx'zau'vrinn.

Everyone check your gear now, and let us be silent again, Narzen then signs.

[modifiziert]

Dxzauvrinn  19:34 Sep.23 - Re: Ust unboi\'en wund l\'olath
Dx'zau'vrinn pulls the hood of his piwafwi over his head and takes the lead position of the party as scout. He snaps his fingers once, which brings S'zor instantly to his side and two of them both attempt to disapeer into the darkness that lies in the tunnel ahead, their footfalls falling down like leaves to the earth.

Zanan
Website
eMail 22:49 Sep.25 - Re: Ust unboi\'en wund l\'olath
Without much problem leads Dxzauvrinn the group through the abandoned duergar city. You bypass a deep canyon who opens up to one side of the path, parts of it show clear signs of mining labor. Nothing moves in the dark shadows of the ruined place and there is an eerie silence all around you. Finally the group closes up to the scout as he waits at some heavy stone gates who obviously lead into Har'oloth. This place is littered with bones and corpses of long dead dwarves and other creatures, most of which have probably died during the assault on this place. Even those with not much training in the art of tracking can see a clear line of footprints - apparantly those of the orogs - who lead into this place.

Ust, usstan elgg dos ...

Cease this tirade, take a breath, and think, then you will realize, enemy of the Dark Elves, that my concern for your well being has always been, at best, limited.

Dxzauvrinn  20:43 Sep.26 - Re: Ust unboi\'en wund l\'olath
Dx'zau'vrinn combs his keen eye over every minute crevice and orofice of the door, searching for traps and anything else that stands out.

ZaiDizzen
Website
eMail 08:43 Sep.30 - Re: Ust unboi\'en wund l\'olath
Zai's eyes float around watching the groups back. Absently his hand slowly raises to his rib cage. Noticing the cut, he realizes that it is just that, a cut, and continues to search behind the group as they travel forth.

Narzen
Website
eMail 23:15 Oct.04 - Re: Ust unboi\'en wund l\'olath
Narzen stops at the gates for a moment and takes a few deep breaths of the air surrounding them. As if smelling something unpleasant, he bares his teeth in disgust, although it seems to be more a personal issue with something instead of anything real.

Very well then, he signs, appearing somewhat lost in thought. Dx'zau'vrinn, you scout the darkness ahead of us as before. The rest of you, stay on your guard as well - not that I really need to remind you of that. We will move out after our scout gets a little head start.

Pointing at the orog tracks, he adds, Let us ignore those tracks for now. Be there more of the orcs come to search their missing companions or not, I am confident in that there will be enough trouble in our path even without us seeking it out.

Dxzauvrinn  05:06 Oct.07 - Re: Ust unboi\'en wund l\'olath
Does as he is instructed and scouts the darkness ahead, moving ever silently and keeping to the shadows. His black-furred companion staying near his side.

Zanan
Website
eMail 09:05 Oct.07 - Re: Ust unboi\'en wund l\'olath
You move on for a few miles on a path that leads downwards into Har'oloth. A rather damp darkness reaches out towards the group and there is a shimmer of water on most of the tunnel walls. There must be a river or lake nearby, but so far nothing can be heard or seen. Footing gets treachery as the water makes the smooth surface of the stones quite slippery. You loose track of the orog's footprints once you have entered this area.

Ust, usstan elgg dos ...

Cease this tirade, take a breath, and think, then you will realize, enemy of the Dark Elves, that my concern for your well being has always been, at best, limited.

Zanan
Website
eMail 10:02 Oct.12 - Re: Ust unboi\'en wund l\'olath
As you slowly proceed through this area, lead by the scout and his companion, you wonder where all the water will end up. Small rills creep along the floor, getting stronger and larger as you move along. After another few hundred steps the scout reports back to say that the water falls down a small waterfall, an abrupt ending to this passage. It drops about 10 feet into a small lake of almost crystal clear water, 30 feet wide and 60 feet long. Unless flying as available, you must get wet feet to continue this way. The cavern of the lake is about 25 feet high and full of stalagmites and stalagtites. No movement can be heard or seen down there and as the cavern is lit be some light-producing plants, mosses and the like, the scout tells you that the way continues beyond the lake.

Ust, usstan elgg dos ...

Dxzauvrinn  02:31 Oct.13 - Re: Ust unboi\'en wund l\'olath
::his hands flash in the silent hand code directing the party to come to a halt:: Stop. The way ahead leads us through a body of water. Narzen, whats the plan?  

Ashen-Shugar

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #16 am: 14.11.2003, 01:49:58 »
   Drow Campaign
Zanan's Drow Kampagne

Vezellek
Website
eMail 02:40 Oct.14 - Re: Ust unboi\'en wund l\'olath
We might not have to get wet to get across. If we have enough rope I can crawl along the walls with it the rope and tie it secure on the other side. The rest of you can shimmy along the rope to get across then.
Vezellek pauses her hand signals are looks across the cavern again. She seems to be judging the distance and examining the walls for foot holds.
Yes it should be no problem getting across. If we are to continue this way.
She raises an eyebrow.
So shall we?

Narzen
Website
eMail 19:57 Oct.14 - Re: Ust unboi\'en wund l\'olath
Narzen takes a look at the water himself, then turns to his comrades. Getting wet is not my concern. But while I doubt anything too large lurks in a body of water of that size, smaller dangers can be just as deadly.

Giving a mischievous grin, he continues, Assuming that is indeed water and not some overgrown ooze lurking in wait for fools to tread into it. Reaching for something under his cloak, he then pulls out a length of rope, more than enough to reach across. So, let us not find out about what is in the water, he signs to Vezellek with a nod, and hands over the coil of rope.

[modifiziert]

Dxzauvrinn  20:02 Oct.15 - Re: Ust unboi\'en wund l\'olath
Nods his head in silent agreement, though deep down within him, he had kind of looked forward to the thought of perhaps sinking his blades into some amphibitious creatures, ixan, kua-toa, skum and an aboleth perhaps. He knew the thought perhaps was a little crazy, but after all, it was just a thought...

Zanan
Website
eMail 20:17 Oct.17 - Re: Ust unboi\'en wund l\'olath
Belying her humanoid nature, Vezellek climbs and moves along the nearly vertical surface of the cavern as if she was a spider. At every suitable location she stopps and fastens the silky rope to small stalagmites and juts. It takes her a few moments till she reaches the other shore of the small lake ...

Ust, usstan elgg dos ...

Dxzauvrinn  22:54 Oct.17 - Re: Ust unboi\'en wund l\'olath
Dx'zau'vrinn's pale blue eyes comb every crevice of the darkness of the small body of way and the ceiling, searching for anything that might prove to be a hindrence to Vezellek and any possible dangers. He also looks to Szo'r to decipher if the bat-faced dog can smell anything not of drow blood within the exceptional range of his scent.

Vezellek
Website
eMail 06:44 Oct.18 - Re: Ust unboi\'en wund l\'olath
Vezellek holds up her hand indicating for you all to wait. Slowly she backs up towards the cavern wall, all the while keeping an eye out down the tunnel ahead of her. Slowly she signs back to the group.

I've spotted something odd. Coming back over. Wait there.

Just like moments before Vezellek starts to climb across the wall in a manner similar to a spider. She moves at a fast pace that shows her sense of urgancy in the find. Wasting no time she begins to relay her find as soon as she is across.

Spotted an orog on the other side, just beyond our sight on this side. It isn't living. Appears to be petrified. Something else is near the orog. Petrified also. Not sure what the other thing is.

There is a pause in her "speaking" as a look of thoguht comes across her face.

I am able to grant a protection from attack on one person. If given time to rest and meditate I can grant the protection on more of us. Probably best to investigate the... bodies with this protection. Especially if only one or two go to check.

She nods at Dx'zau'vrinn and his pet Szo'r.

You would probably be the best to head over there. Your dogs nose could help out. If want to check now I will cast my protection. Best to retreat a little before doing that. The chanting might draw attention if anything is over there.

Narzen
Website
eMail 20:12 Oct.18 - Re: Ust unboi\'en wund l\'olath
Narzen's eyes narrow upon learning of Vezellek's news. The man stares across the cavern, tapping his chin again.

Let us retreat then to prepare those spells, Vezellek, though Dx'zau'vrinn may investigate on his own first if he wishes to. A slight delay will hurt less than ending up as statues, at the very least... or has any of you magic to look into the matter from afar?

Vezellek
Website
eMail 03:46 Oct.20 - Re: Ust unboi\'en wund l\'olath
Slowly she shakes her head as she begins walking away from the lake.

My skills at divination aren't too great. I would need to meditate before casting one anyways.

Turning towards Dx'zau'vrinn she signs, Shall I cast my protection on you? It is your choice.

Dxzauvrinn  16:21 Oct.20 - Re: Ust unboi\'en wund l\'olath
Dx'zau'vrinn nods his head consenting for Vezellek to cast her spell, though he's not sure how S'zor would make it across. He thinks of the best way to approach the situation for this reconisence mission.

Zanan
Website
eMail 09:33 Oct.22 - Re: Ust unboi\'en wund l\'olath
The female cast her spell on the scout and for a few moments his body is bathed in a dim blue light. "Good luck!" is the sign Nata'al gives him, before she takes up a position near the exit of the tunnel and lifts her crossbow to give the scout some support.
Dxzauvrinn vanishes into the shadows and makes his way along the rope and the cavern's walls towards the other side of the lake.

Ust, usstan elgg dos ...

Ashen-Shugar

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #17 am: 14.11.2003, 01:50:19 »
   Drow Campaign
Zanan's Drow Kampagne

Dxzauvrinn
Email
 21:09 Oct.23 - Re: Ust unboi\'en wund l\'olath
Dx'zau'vrinn slowly descends to the ground on the other side of the body of water, his footfalls connecting to stone ground as softly as he can manage. Noticing the statuesque orog still breathing slightly, he creeps along towards the side cavern where he heard the "clicking" sounds. Staying to the shadows he tries to peek into the cave, searching what could have possibly made the familar noise.

Dxzauvrinn
Email
 20:51 Oct.24 - Re: Ust unboi\'en wund l\'olath
Dx'zau'vrinn slowly retraces his steps back to the petrified orog. He then quickly ascends the rope and climbs back atop the ceiling to where the rest of the party awaits.

His hands flash: Damn, almost ended up like that orog back there. A kobold drider lies in waiting in the side tunnel. He's using a strong illusion of a basilisk to petrify intruders passing through it's territory. So I believe its safe to assume that it must be a very capable sorcerer. It will more than likely attempt to ambush us if we try to follow the orog tracks so we need to send it screaming into the black Abyss. What say you Narzen?

Narzen
Website
eMail 14:44 Oct.25 - Re: Ust unboi\'en wund l\'olath
Narzen raises an eyebrow in disbelief. A kobold drider? he shakes his head, Lady Lolth has a strange sense of humor.

He then starts to reply to Dx'zau'vrinn, but stops for a moment instead. Before running this drider through, is any of you prepared with a dispel? he asks his comrades. If a mere illusion is holding the orog, we could try to free it from a safe distance with a simple spell and let those creatures fight one another before getting involved ourselves. Although I would not count on the kobold to delay slaying the orog before its spell wears off, if we do not act soon.

Zanan
Website
eMail 09:48 Oct.28 - Re: Ust unboi\'en wund l\'olath
"I have no dispel at my hands just now," signs Nata'al. "I wonder what that kobold-thing actually is. I have never heard of Lolth cursing anything other than drow failures ... maybe he's some sort of new creature. We should nonetheless be wary of him, if he can cast those sorts of spells." Sending a look down to the lake she mutters more to herself than to the rest ... "Maybe we can also cast a globe of darkness on that illusion and make for the spidery thing straight away ... "

Ust, usstan elgg dos ...

Narzen
Website
eMail 18:31 Oct.28 - Re: Ust unboi\'en wund l\'olath
My expertise is not in illusions, Malla Nata'al, Narzen catches the woman's muttering and signs a reply, but have you not faith in your own blood? We bathe in magic, yet like water, magic falls off our backs when we so desire.

Or at least that is what we are taught. he adds, a touch of irony in his expression. Using darkness may hamper our fighters while giving that spellcasting abomination an upper hand if it has the brains for tactics, and since it can cast spells, we should assume it does have a brain.

So. Cast protections as you have them, and let us take the fight to this... drider. he signs to the others. Vezellek, I trust you can still move along the walls? You will provide cover, Dx'zau'vrinn goes first to secure himself a position, the rest of us then follow across. As for actually attacking that thing, a few offensive spells first, perhaps? Or shall we simply see how much steel it can take in its innards before collapsing? Regardless, if you can, cut away its supply of spell components.

Dxzauvrinn
Email
 20:07 Oct.28 - Re: Ust unboi\'en wund l\'olath
Use a spell exchange if you so wish, but I seek not to trade spells with this thing, I prefer to force feed this abomination cold steel so that we may disrupt it's spellcasting, which seems to be its greatest asset. I've never known a kobold to be a match for a drow in melee. I will position myself within the shadows surrounding the thrice damned filth and strike it from the blackness before it launches a spell at the remainder of you who approach it dead-on, hopefully distracting it long enough for the front line combatants to engage it in melee and set up flanks.

Zanan
Website
eMail 16:36 Oct.31 - Re: Ust unboi\'en wund l\'olath
Nata'al watches Narzen's orders and checks whether all her equipment will stay where it is while she climbs along the wall and the rope. Fine, I'll await you at the other side of the water! is what her fast moving hands tell the rest. Let's send this ... thing to whatever hell it deserves.
She tries to move along the rope as silently as she can and after managing to reach it, the drow crouches low behind one of the many stalagmites near the lake's shore.
You can follow Vezellek's "robe-path" without problems, no-one seems to arouse the interest of the strange beast in the darkness ...

Ust, usstan elgg dos ...

[modifiziert]

Narzen
Website
eMail 22:08 Nov.04 - Re: Ust unboi\'en wund l\'olath
Go! Narzen signs to his companions, motioning them to start their attack on the drider as they see fit. "And may whomever created that abomination turn a blind eye on it for a moment." he mutters a quiet curse.

He then pulls up his hood and starts to move closer to the creature with soft footsteps, rapier in hand.

Dxzauvrinn  17:43 Nov.05 - Re: Ust unboi\'en wund l\'olath
Creeps upon the drider as best he can, with a vial of liquid sloshing around in his gloved hand.

Zanan

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #18 am: 25.11.2003, 09:49:39 »
 The whole group follows the examples of Dxzauvrinn, Nata'al and Narzen and assembles near the shore of the dark lake. After a few seconds of determening the best route to the small cave of the monster, they spread and try to hide behind stalagmites and boulders. All goes well, until Nata'al's feet vanishes into the floor. The stone's surface has been very thin in this area, hardly visible to the untrained eye, small trickles of water have washed it out from underneath. A hissed snarl erupts from the cave's mouth ...
Gæð a Wyrd swa hio scel!

Pathfinder-Übersetzungsteam

Zanan

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #19 am: 28.11.2003, 09:37:46 »
 Following that angry voice a few raspy arcane syllables are chanted and a red-hot ball of fire surges towards the middle of the cavern and explodes into blinding light and seething flames. The orog vanishes from sight and Narzen, Nata'al and Dxzauvrinn are caught in the fire as well, though the stalagmites give them cover ...
The scout feels the heat but the stone in front of him more or less absorbs the attack. Narzen drops flat to the floor and gasps as whisps of fire race an inch over his body. The drow female, her foot still trapped in that hole in the ground ducks low as well, but cries out in anguish as the attack hits her. She tossed her smoking cloak aside and her eyes burn in anger. Now, her foot comes out of  that hole and ducks low behind a boulder. Just before her fingers close around her sword's handle, she signals to Narzen: "Let's kill that bastard ... now!"
Gæð a Wyrd swa hio scel!

Narzen

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #20 am: 30.11.2003, 20:53:32 »
 Giving a brief look and a nod at Nata'al direction, Narzen springs up to his feet, his eyes narrow with anger. Before rushing to meet the twisted creature in combat, though, he stops for a few seconds and calls upon the drider a burst of faerie fire.

Anonymous

• Gast
« Antwort #21 am: 04.12.2003, 20:44:15 »
 Throws a vial of aboleth mucus on the kobold and rushes to the side to watch the freak drown.

Anonymous

• Gast
« Antwort #22 am: 05.12.2003, 23:50:29 »
 (Just to let ya'll know the above is me)

Zanan

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #23 am: 07.12.2003, 11:23:40 »
 (The drider things Ini beat yours, so you may react to the new threat if you want to.)
Just before all your actions take place, there some hissed arcane words audible from the cavern's mouth. As the first of you make it to the entrance they face a large beast which looks vaguely like a dog. From all over its body long sharp quills protrude and they bristle as the monster turns to face you with a low growl.
Gæð a Wyrd swa hio scel!

Narzen

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #24 am: 07.12.2003, 21:49:32 »
 Seeing the new threat, Narzen's eyes widen just enough to betray him losing a portion of his determination. "Clever beast..." he snarls.

"Does anyone have something to keep summoned monsters at bay?" Narzen speaks to his comrades, eyes constantly drifting to the quilled creature as he looks for a way past it to get to the drider. "I will rather take my chances with a fireball or two than with that thing in melee."

Oyn

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #25 am: 08.12.2003, 23:49:02 »
"Don't have much to deal with summoned helpers but I have an idea. If it can't see that might help." snarls Vezellek.
Holding back from the rest of the group she begins her chants.

Zanan

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #26 am: 11.12.2003, 11:25:29 »
 Before any of you can prevent the kobold from doing so, it cast another spell and his outlines appear to blur somewhat, making his true location harder to discern. Zai'Dizzen cast magic on himself, but nothing obvious seems to happen for the time being. With a swift movement he takes his crossbow out and slowly approaches the cavern's mouth. Dxzauvrinn looks up and despite the quill-covered monster, he throws his flask at the kobold and hits it square at it's chest. The creature hisses curses toward the drow but cannot prevent the substance beginnig to spread on its body. Frantically it tries to rub the stuff off his skin ...
Seeing this, Nata'al decides to stay back for a little while longer, moves to a better position and draws a potion instead of her blade. After drinking the dark red liquid she scans the enemies once more. Behind her in the darkness, Vezellek starts to cast her spell. Upon finishing it, a glob of greenish something appears and heads straight for the quill-creature's bestial face. More by instinct that knowledge or luck, the monster ducks low and the attack misses. Zhadristan levels his crossbow at the direction of the cave entrance as well and waits till the first of the monsters appear there. He as well as Zai'Dizzen have taken up a flanking position and cannot see into the cave right now. Suddenly, the quill-covered monster makes a long jump and appears right in the middle of Narzen, Nata'al and Dxzauvrinn. Undecided whom to bite first, its fangs close on thin air rather than drow flesh and growls in anger ...
Gæð a Wyrd swa hio scel!

Narzen

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #27 am: 18.12.2003, 22:11:45 »
 "A curse upon them both!" Narzen hisses, forsaking his plan to attack the drider and instead takes advantage of the quilled beast's confusion as it lands in their midst, and he thrusts violently at the creature with his rapier.

Anonymous

• Gast
« Antwort #28 am: 23.12.2003, 00:39:01 »
 Just as he draws his blade, S'zor rushes at the summoned howler, sinking his fangs into the demonic dog. Dx'zau'vrinn flanks the spikey hound and with a quick flash of motion, his needle-thin curved rapier point thrust towards the hound's flank.

Zanan

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #29 am: 27.12.2003, 11:53:35 »
 Narzen's aim is true and he hits the creature, puncturing it's ripcage and whatever lies beneath. The howler let's out a screech of pain, whirls around but the drow is already gone. A tiny crossbow bolt sinks itself deep into its neck and vanishes almost completely in a spray of blood. The monster spots the inrushing cavvekan and tries to bite it with its vicious fangs, but the cat-like creature ducks low and escapes the dangerous jaws and bristling quills. An instant later, the cavvekan sinks its teeth into one of the howlers legs. The creature jumps back a few steps and thus evades Zai'Dizzen's crossbow bolt.  Its sudden movement irritates Dxzauvrinn and his attack only hits the monster's quills without doing any damage to the creature itself. Nata'al lashes out with the sharpened end of her shield, but - just like the male a few moments earlier - only hits empty air. Vezellek draws her sling and takes up a position to use her weapon more effectivly.
The kobold-drider is about to go mad, as the substance of Dxzauvrinn keeps spreading over its body. The illusionary basilisk vanishes from sight without making any sound at all.
Gæð a Wyrd swa hio scel!

• Drucken