• Drucken

Autor Thema: Prologue - A place most foul  (Gelesen 46291 mal)

Beschreibung: or how a single wrong step throws everything into turmoil

Damian

• Profil anzeigen
Prologue - A place most foul
« Antwort #45 am: 05.08.2012, 23:19:48 »
Nathanael lands next to the witch carefully avoiding the web. He is curious what kind of creature survives in the Nine Hells by protecting itself with magic, even Nathanael had mastered.

"Greeting, Mylady. I beg you pardon for interupting your privacy, but I was told to ask you for a way back to the material orany different, more friendly plane than Avernus."

Ultan

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #46 am: 06.08.2012, 00:07:58 »
The woman glares at you with fury.

"Wretched fiend, why do you mock me even in defeat? Why can't you just leave me alone?"

Damian

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #47 am: 06.08.2012, 10:41:43 »
Nathanael raises his hands trying to curb the witch's distrust.

"By Mystra, I am no fiend and I am neither native to any other plane than the material one. I came here by accident and I am just looking for a way to return to my homeplane. Please, Mylady, trust my words![1]"
 1. Diplomacy: 12

Ultan

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #48 am: 06.08.2012, 16:55:24 »
The woman studies Nathanael with a peery eye as if weighing her options, then she speaks.

"You want me to believe that you're not one of those? If you want me to, let me go! I'll go inside and grab somethin' to make sure what you claim to be is the truth. I won't hurt you if you turn out to be an honest man."

Damian

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #49 am: 06.08.2012, 17:30:09 »
Nathanael smiles in despair.

"Well, that is indeed a compelling test to check whether I am a fiend. No devil and neither any demon would be that stupid. But it seems that I lack of alternatives"

With a small gestures, Nathanael releases the witch of his magic.

"And if you want to thank me by killing me, it would be grateful if you would give me nine hours to reprepare that spell."

Ultan

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #50 am: 06.08.2012, 19:28:00 »
The witch seems surprised as Nathanael dismisses the magic. Quickly she hobbles into the cave mouth. A moment later she returns carrying a metallic flask and a dangerous looking mace.
As she emerges from the cave she lifts a shiny gem up to her face, looking through it at the wizard. Inspecting Nathanael from head to toe she finally puts the gem down and nods.

"Hardly to believe but you aren't one of them shapechangers, that's for sure. You said you're a prime? If that'd be true you'd be a barmy one, to stumble into the Pit.
But why don't we have this talk inside? There's less eyes and ears in my place."

Damian

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #51 am: 06.08.2012, 20:25:25 »
Nathanael keeps his lousy smile.

"With pleasure. And if you refer to the material plane while caling me a prime, yes indeed, that is where I belong to."

Ultan

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #52 am: 06.08.2012, 21:10:53 »
Nathanael follows the witch into the cave. As he passes the entrance, he feels a strange tingle.
Once inside he spies a small hut, from which white smoke still emerges in fitful, acrid puffs. Thr woman leads you in, introducing herself as "Hexla the Mad. 'Least that's how I was called back home. I don't mind the "mad" part. It can be quite convenient to keep unwanted visitors at bay, you know?"

The inside of the hut seems larger then it looked from the outside. There's an old dented cauldron boiling some obscure liquid in the middle of the room which produces a steady stream of smoke that rises to a hole in the roof. Lot's of charms, made of wood, bone or worse dangle from the narrow ceiling an in the corner besides as triangular door sits a large shelf, nearly bursting with dusty tome and strange objects.

Hexla plumps into a rocking chair seemingly made of bones. She makes a gesture as if invinting you to take as seat, but there is no other chair nearby.
"It's rare for m to have guests these days, atleast ones that don't come to slice my throat," Hexla cackles.
« Letzte Änderung: 06.08.2012, 21:11:33 von Ultan »

Damian

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #53 am: 06.08.2012, 21:50:57 »
Nathanael touches some of the charms, before turning to the witch and asking her a question which he had on the tip of his tongue since he saw that lady.

"Normally, I would not be that inpolite, but being trapped in hell is not that normal, so please pardon me my direct question: what are you doing here?"

Ultan

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #54 am: 06.08.2012, 22:20:43 »
Hexla makes a grim face.

Like you, I'm a prisoner of hell. I had once a life of peace in my home on the Outlands but when I learned of the multitude of planes all around me, foolishly I wanted to see them with my very own eyes. I discovered an ancient spell that that was to provide me with the necessary means for many years. But it was a failure. There was a puff of smoke and and bright flash but nothing else. The smell of sulfar hang thick in the air and when I left my house, I stumbled right into the very cave we're sitting in.
This all happened many years ago, I've given up to count the years."

Damian

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #55 am: 06.08.2012, 22:35:15 »
"That does not sound that you know a way back to another more friendly plane."

Ultan

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #56 am: 06.08.2012, 22:55:28 »
The witch bares her yellow teeth.

"I don't. But there is someone, or rather something that does. The pillar of skulls.
The pillar is composed of the skulls of the victims of the blood war. Mostly fiends but it's said that there also are the heads of the truly wicked, cowardly or most rotten mortals. Although it's composed of dead flesh and bones, the pillar itself is sentient and quite knowledgeable. After countless centuries of absorbing heads, it's got the answers to 'most any questions.
Ask it about the way out and make sure to also ask about the key, too. You have to be more clever than it is and they say the pillar's is made out of the skulls of petitioners who lied for a livin'. It'll try to cut a deal with you, but you've to make sure you're gettin' the better end of it.

If you accept my advice you have to follow the River of Blood through a set of hills. Once past 'em, you'll come to a plain surrounded by more hills that form a dead end at the bend of the river. Head off to the right, towards those hills across the plain, and soon you'll reach the pillar."

Damian

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #57 am: 09.08.2012, 15:43:55 »
Nathanael nods.

"You do not want to come with me, do you?"

Ultan

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #58 am: 09.08.2012, 16:23:42 »
The witch blinks at you, a moment of hesitation in her eyes. Then she shakes her head.

"Those wretched fiends would take the opportunity to raid this place, taking my last belongings from me. I can't leave my home unguarded, it's the only thing left to me in this hell."

Damian

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #59 am: 09.08.2012, 17:11:22 »
"Well then, but if I manage to find a way back to another plane, would you like to join me?"

• Drucken