• Drucken

Autor Thema: Prologue - A place most foul  (Gelesen 45590 mal)

Beschreibung: or how a single wrong step throws everything into turmoil

Damian

• Profil anzeigen
Prologue - A place most foul
« Antwort #15 am: 01.08.2012, 18:12:43 »
Nathanael's face deforms first in surprise, then in disbeliefe, then in panic and finally bursts into insane laughter just to stop a second later again in horror. If he was not already completly screwd, he would curse his foolishness. He did everything false a wizard could do false. A portal! By mystra! A portal and as it seems to have him lead to one of the most filthy planes existing.

Then his survival instinct awakes and the young, foolish wizards casts another protective spell, this time more related to the danger he was trapped inside[1]. Afterwards he carefully looks around scanning especially the fiend nearby[2].
 1. Protection from Evil.
 2. Knowledge (the planes): 21.
« Letzte Änderung: 01.08.2012, 18:13:45 von Nathanael Helsang »

Ultan

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #16 am: 01.08.2012, 18:50:14 »
Looking around Nathanael tries to get a better impression of the surroundings.
The ground is made out of sharp crystaline rock and completely devoide of any plant life. Almost every surface is blotched with dark stains and some of the debris on the ground seems far too organic to be made of stone. Adding the heavy scent hanging in the air, Nathanael feels reminded of a slaughterhouse.
The blood red sky is illuminated by fiery explosions which occure at random intervals, luckily not too close by.
Toothy mountains loom on every side, there peaks hidden in dark clouds looming over the hellish landscape.

Drawing his conclusion Nathanael might have stumbled into one of the bizarre layers of the Infinte Abyss, but otherwise the scenery resembles the description of Avernus, first layer of dreaded Baator or more common the Nine Hells.
Reinforcing this reasoning would be the hideous creature next to him, which matches the image of a Spined Devil or Spinagon, often depicted as one of the least Baatezu.
While the fiend looks not too much of a threat to the young wizard, his barbed frame could hurt a lot if underestimated.

Damian

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #17 am: 02.08.2012, 20:21:45 »
Nathanael knows nothing about this hostile plane and though it would have seemed absolutely lightheaded to him just a day ago, he had no other option and thus raises his voice to speak to the devil.

Before wasting limited resources, the young wizard chooses the tongue of the fire elementals.

"I am in search of a portal back to the material plane."

Ultan

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #18 am: 02.08.2012, 21:59:58 »
The spinagon jumps as Nathanael adresses him. The fiend prostrates himself on the ground seemingly frightened and flustered.
A hissing voice pops into the wizards mind, the overall tone most submissive.

"Welcome to Avernus m'lord. This one didn't expect such an important guest coming here this ... sudden. Surely you must be a man of both power and fame. Allow this one to offer his service and aid. Whatever might be your wish I shall strive for it to become true."

The creature looks up to you from the ground, his face sporting what might pass for a charming smile - if you were to think of a face filled with razor sharp teeth as charming that is.
« Letzte Änderung: 02.08.2012, 22:01:01 von Ultan »

Damian

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #19 am: 03.08.2012, 13:18:15 »
Avernus. Nathanael was kept inside the Nine Hells and so it would be more than foolish to trust the words of a devil. But what does the baatezu want? Spinagons are considered by many to occupy the lowest rank on the baatezu heirarchy besides the lemures which are not considered real baatezu by the devils themselves. So the spinagon wants to gain favour, but most likely not from him.

"And I already declaimed my wish."

Ultan

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #20 am: 03.08.2012, 13:39:08 »
The Spinagon crouches on the ground, wringing his hands in desperation.

"Yes, yes, of course, m'lord, I shall answer! Unfortunatly the conduit you just stepped trough is one way, my apologies.
But there is surely another gate somewhere.
The witch might know, yes! You should go ask her, I bet she knows! To the east lies her residence, just at the foot of the mountain range."

Damian

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #21 am: 03.08.2012, 18:51:40 »
A witch from Avernus should help him? What help should that witch offer than cutting him in little slices, cooking and eating them afterwards? By mystra, but what else should he do? Walking through this hostile plane without any plan seems as insane as trusting that devil and hoping to get help from a witch in hell.

But probably he should tries to take that devil with him. Who knows whether he tells any other fiendish creature of his arrival. Better to keep him in sight. Although his first narrow and harsh sounding sentences have been more a reaction to this sheer madness, Nathanael hopes that the devil's servility was not a well performed joke and he so he tries to keep his commanding attitude.

"Guide me!"

Ultan

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #22 am: 03.08.2012, 19:15:25 »
A painful grimace shows on the face of the fiend.

"Guide you to the witch? No, that'd spell certain doom for me. The witch doesn't take kindly to me kind, you know. If I step so much as within her field of view she'll slay me for sure.
She lives in a shack at the foot of the mountains. You won't miss it, m'lord I assure you."
« Letzte Änderung: 04.08.2012, 00:06:05 von Ultan »

Damian

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #23 am: 03.08.2012, 22:36:35 »
Nathanael rises an eyebrow. Could it be that this witch defends the only celestial outpost in hell? He grins due to the sheer absurdity of this thought. But why should the devil avoid her home?

"Tell me more about that witch. Who is she that she dislikes your kind?"

Ultan

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #24 am: 04.08.2012, 00:16:46 »
The devil sighs.

"Who she is? Just a barmy ol' planar I guess. She's taken residance in the mountains a few decades ago. No one knows why. Bel might, after all she must have some sort of agreement with him, after all she's still not in the deathbook after all those years, you see.
Well, whatever her reasoning, she has enough power to repell the likes of me and my kin.
So you want to go visit her? Best of luck to you, m'lord."

Damian

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #25 am: 04.08.2012, 11:19:20 »
Nathanael squint his eyes while starring at the devil.

"And what are you going to do right now?"

Ultan

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #26 am: 04.08.2012, 18:06:56 »
"Me?"
The fiend tries to gives you an innocent grin - failing miserably.

"Oh, I'm just going to attend some private matters. Hardly worth telling and surely not worth your interest m'lord. Going here and there, maybe kicking around some lemures, you know the usual.

Damian

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #27 am: 04.08.2012, 18:59:07 »
Nathanael answers the devil with a grim mien.

"I asked you a question and hope you do not fail at answering again."

Ultan

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #28 am: 04.08.2012, 19:50:01 »
The fiend flinches, his clawed hands twitching nervously.

"I mean... I'll stay right here, m'lord. In fact... well... it's my duty to guard the conduit."

Damian

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #29 am: 04.08.2012, 20:35:08 »
"And who told you so?"

• Drucken