• Drucken

Autor Thema: Chapter 1 – The Journey Begins  (Gelesen 11630 mal)

Beschreibung:

Chik-Cha Crookbeak

• Profil anzeigen
Chapter 1 – The Journey Begins
« Antwort #45 am: 10.10.2006, 01:32:44 »
"Fine fine, now I'll tell you some'ing. You'll go down there and if 'ey are nice we come wi' you. You seem nice enough anyway.

Oh and try not to get attacked, I'd ra'er get back in peace then over 'eir peices. And we might need 'em to operate that gizmo."

With a small grin, the kenku sank back into the shadows, waiting patiently for the next move of the sorceress while taking her crossbow out and drawing the bow back.

Wei Ling

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #46 am: 10.10.2006, 07:42:10 »
“Sure. I was just going to suggest that, anyways.”

Wei Ling then moves a bit away from her position in hiding before standing up and heading over to the two 'technicians'. She raises her arm in a greeting gesture, while she gets closer.

“Oh, hello there! Are you the ones that got me out of there? Thank you, then. Just, uh, where am I now?”

Being still wounded somewhat from the previous battle, should nicely underline her words.

Varn

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #47 am: 10.10.2006, 10:02:57 »
Varn stays hidden while Wei Ling approaches the mages over there.

"Hopefully that works, i don't like to fight again. Especially versus mages who are trying to control a rift in the planes."

DM

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #48 am: 17.10.2006, 10:11:11 »
With a deep sigh and the hand on his forehead the older wizard turns towards his assistant.

“Oh not another one…..”

Then he turns to you and says

“Well, if you wonder if we are causing this time rift, no we aren’t. The magic working in this area is by far greater then anything a mortal could ever create.”

With a scholarly voice he continues.

“However, my assistant and I are working on a device stabilizing the time rift around the portal and amplify the portals energy to allow precise time traveling through it.”

Then he gestures towards the rocks.

“By the way, I suggest your two friends get over here as well if they don’t prefer to be shifted in another century once again.”

Varn

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #49 am: 17.10.2006, 11:32:43 »
As Varn heard the last sentence he stands up and slowly walk towards the wizard. He bows slightly before him, "Greetings to you! You spoke about time travel? So we didn't got teleported to another place but another time? Impressive, i couldn't believe that."

DM

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #50 am: 17.10.2006, 13:02:15 »
Turning away from Wei-Ling the wizard answers Varn

"Well, this place seems to be kind of special. Obviously there was a fight around here and someone called for the help of the elven god of time, Labelas Enoreth, and as it seems that prayer was answered. Though the permanent damage to the area was rather devastating.

I’m not sure what purpose this disturbance in time serves but there is one I suppose as Labelas Enoreth would have fixed it already. Me and my assistant try to figure this out by stabilizing the time instability around the gate and use it as a way to travel into the time when it was created. "

Chik-Cha Crookbeak

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #51 am: 17.10.2006, 13:46:20 »
Chikcha jumped over the rubble, casually sizing up the wizards as they spoke. The assistant seemed harmless, but the other one surely new some nice spells. He should try and catch some of them as soon as things turned badly... but for now...

"Well, I guess it would serve all of us if we got 'is time rift stabilized.

Concerning the prayer... I 'ink we already where in that time... I observed a fight, and some elven lad cast a spell which summoned blinding light. 'ey were fightin' some sort of shadow... 'ing, i dunno."

DM

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #52 am: 17.10.2006, 14:28:58 »
The old wizard looks over to Chik-Cha rather interested in his last words.

“So you did see where the battle took place? That could be rather important to determine the time we need to travel to.”

Then the wizard turns to his assistant.

“Are you done yet? Without stabilizing the time flow in the area I can’t visit the fighting place without getting lost in time.”

With a sarcastic voice the assistant answers

“Yes that would be horrible master. Anyways, I’m done here. You may activate the device now safely….I hope.”

The older wizard immediately raises his hand and performs a little gesture and mumbles some words. Suddenly the crystals of the device start to glow in a soft blue light. Then he eyes his assistant again.

“Mhm, looks good. Now we need a volunteer to see if it works….”

With a deep sigh the assistant starts to put on some heavy looking suit and picks up one of the crystals in the chest beside him. Then he walks away from the portal an vanishes between the rocks. After about 10 minutes he returns and holds up the crystal.

“No temporal activity it seems. Should be save now.”

The old wizard turns to Chik-Cha and the others again

“Now, please show me the place where you did see the fighting.”

Varn

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #53 am: 17.10.2006, 15:27:22 »
"It was somewhere behind the rock we came from!", answers Varn, but he don't want to move there. He sounds quite unsure.

Manipulating the rift of time can't be a good idea!, His thoughts just make him more unsure about what these wizards are doing here.

Wei Ling

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #54 am: 17.10.2006, 21:37:44 »
“Over here!” Wei Ling points towards the place, where Chik-Cha and Bian Fu had watched the scene.

DM

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #55 am: 18.10.2006, 08:01:58 »
You follow the wizard to the fighting place and watch him casting another spell. He stands still for about an hour and then suddenly his eyes turn black and as you look closer you see pictures appearing and vanishing. You can see people and buildings in his eyes passing by but fail to see any details as the pictures change by far too fast.

After another hour the wizard closes his eyes and shortly after opens them again, showing his original eyes colour again.

“Well, this should do. I also found the timeline you came from. So basically you can either return to your timeline our join us in our expedition, it’s your choice.”

Chik-Cha Crookbeak

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #56 am: 18.10.2006, 09:04:22 »
Chik-Cha, who spend the time the spell was cast with her eyes closed, taking a nap as first the waiting, then the pictures would have given her a headache, took a moment to ponder this question. On one hand, they didn't get payed for this, but who knew what riches they might find. More importantly, who knew where they might wind up, and what they could find during a travel through time. But, she quickly reminded herself, the others might just say yes for sake of knowledge and be tricked out of a perfectly good opportunity. She needed to answer before them, the better for them.

"What's it to ya? We'd protect ja from any danger, so I 'ink its only fair if we get our share of what ya might find.
I dunno what you try to find, but I wan' my fair share of any'ing we find and find of use."

DM

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #57 am: 18.10.2006, 12:28:05 »
The old wizard raises an eyebrow at Chik-Cha.

“I’m not in need of protection, but some additional hands and eyes would be useful to have with me. I don’t expect to find any great treasures, it’s more a historian’s work to do. You may keep any valuables you find except scrolls, books and whatever else is of value for a historian. I have minor interest in gold and such.”

Muttering the assistant comments Chik-Cha’s question, silently and more to himself but you are able to hear it.

“He means that he needs someone to carry his stuff…..”

Varn

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #58 am: 18.10.2006, 12:45:17 »
The old human smiles as he hear the words of the assistance and steps beside him, "Just what i thought..."

Then he turns to Wei Ling and Chick-Cha, "So, what ya think about that? Basicly i'm a bit afraid of using planar portals or this time-portals but unfortunatly we are already in another timeline, so this is no more reason for me to say no."

The he remembers his familiar, I hope Remo is fine, will i see him again in future?

Chik-Cha Crookbeak

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #59 am: 19.10.2006, 00:10:15 »
"I agree. Let's go wi' em, what could go wrong. We might see places we might never reach, learn 'ings long forgotten or yet to be discovered..."

'And I'll get me a slice of that.' Chick-Cha added with a wry smile in her thoughts, carefull not to let that slip. Opportunity only knocks once, and she was willing to recognize it, jump out of the window and take what opportunity had to offer, then pilfering through opportunity's backpack and cuting her purse... Figuratively speaking, of couse.

• Drucken