• Drucken

Autor Thema: English Drow Campaign Orga  (Gelesen 143739 mal)

Beschreibung:

Zanan

• Profil anzeigen
English Drow Campaign Orga
« Antwort #225 am: 24.04.2005, 10:04:18 »
 Spoke about Narzen yesterday - and while it is not of much use in an online game, it's a nice addition to the gameplay - and we agreed that it would be good to know how the names are actually pronounced. So you can add that to your character description if you want to.

A nigh-professional guideline about pronunciation can be found http://www.antimoon.com/misc/phonetichelp.htm' target='_blank'>HERE, though we do not exactly need a perfect version. "Rhyme-versions will do too, e.g. "drow" rhymes with "cow" (at least officially).
Gæð a Wyrd swa hio scel!

Pathfinder-Übersetzungsteam

Sheiriya

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #226 am: 24.04.2005, 12:47:07 »
 Accoding to that guidelines it would be ['Seiri'ja] in ASCII but not with the english version of "r" but the german one.

Zanan

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #227 am: 24.04.2005, 13:16:41 »

QUOTE (Sheiriya @ Apr 24 2005, 11:47:07)
Accoding to that guidelines it would be ['Seiri'ja] in ASCII but not with the english version of "r" but the german one. [/quote]
Well, if the phonetics bother you, just use what you think it should be. I would have made her: SHEI-ri-Ya with 'EI' would be pronounced like "I"(am) " in English. A rhyming version would be like this shy tree yahoo  - only the bold letters are pronounced, of course. :rolleyes:
Gæð a Wyrd swa hio scel!

Sheiriya

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #228 am: 24.04.2005, 13:55:33 »
 But the "ei" is not pronounced like I.
Just as I have written [ei].

So let's say:
Shei like fey
ri like me ( but with german "r" and short i )
and ya with a "y" as in "yes" and the "a" like the "u" in "but"

:P

Zanan

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #229 am: 24.04.2005, 14:30:48 »
 Was just explaining how it might work ;) ... and it is of course your lass and turn to tell us.
Gæð a Wyrd swa hio scel!

Zanan

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #230 am: 24.04.2005, 23:24:43 »
 Keth gets what she wnated to buy, I'll take on Sheiriya tomorrow.

Also wait on another chap's mail till Monday morning too.
Gæð a Wyrd swa hio scel!

Narzen

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #231 am: 25.04.2005, 22:12:59 »
 Regarding the pronunciation stuff above, I am so happy my native tongue has precisely one sound for each letter.  :D  

Zanan

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #232 am: 28.04.2005, 10:34:46 »
 Just in case:

While we go into "Undermountain", I will use a place not shown on any of it's maps for this first adventure.

There might be a late-comer who joins up as well, but for the time being, we walk along with the group we have assembled so far.

Those who haven't send them as yet, remember the monster and cities notes I requested.
Gæð a Wyrd swa hio scel!

Zanan

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #233 am: 29.04.2005, 17:35:08 »
 I'll mail a rough pic of what Talice draws.
Gæð a Wyrd swa hio scel!

Zanan

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #234 am: 02.05.2005, 12:45:21 »
 Feel free to do some inter-chara discussions ... I had to deal with a slight virus infection and will do the map right now.  
Gæð a Wyrd swa hio scel!

Zanan

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #235 am: 02.05.2005, 13:44:52 »
 Map description from what Talice knows (from her former leader):

The blue line marks the run of the former "sewers". It leads down south with no apparent link to the rooms above, except for that black, crossed dot in the middle. It was probably a sink or the like, maybe some sort of well. (right to the left of the "Entrance") The rooms are some 20 feet above the sewer tunnel. First are two toilet sort of rooms (No. 1), roughly hewn out. Talice saw these. If you  follow the rough tunnel eastwards, there is a room (20x30 feet or the like) which must have been some sort of private dining area (No.2). There are the remains of a large luxurious table and some eight chairs to be seen (not drawn on the map), all largely rotten. Cupboards line the walls, some still feature some clothes or half-rotten books.
To the south, the large festhall (30x70, some 50 feet high, No. 3) can be reached via an archway. The room is also stuffed with tables and chairs, but their material is still in good shape (different sort of wood). Some stone pillars prevented that large room from caving in, most of these are covered in cobweb-shrouded curtains. The walls are lined by large scale tapestries, but they are in a very bad shape too and you can hardly see what they depicted. Talice says that she entered that room too (she was last of the group and thus arrived later than the rest). Two of her comrades met her here - coming from through the eastern door (leading to No. 8), yelling at her to turn and run, which she did, given the bloodsmeared appearance and seriousness in her comrades voice. She never saw them again and cannot say anything of the other rooms.

The map originates from one of her former leader's sources, whom she doesn't know. Thus, she didn't get any more info on the current dweller or how the rest of the dungeon looks like, if there is one.

On the whole, the rooms looked like being used by some knightly order or perhaps mage guild. Very human style and apparently not inhabited for ages.
Gæð a Wyrd swa hio scel!

Zanan

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #236 am: 03.05.2005, 10:02:03 »
 Dunno exactly what Sheiriya was asking for, but Talice only visited the rooms leading from the sewers' "entrance" to the festhall.

West of the festhall is a differently angled room with a fountain in the middle, a statue on it's South-western wall and a staircase on the South-eastern one. So she was told by the leader beforehand. What is in there now, she does not know.
Gæð a Wyrd swa hio scel!

Zanan

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #237 am: 03.05.2005, 22:23:40 »
 I'll be offline for the best part of Wednesday ... just to let you know. Did I mention that I honor IC talk and all with more XP? As in: you can talk without me too, making battle plans, selecting scouts and or trying to get each other known - who cast spells and who don't, who knows anything about human buidlings and their outlay et al ...  ;)  
Gæð a Wyrd swa hio scel!

warlockco

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #238 am: 04.05.2005, 06:41:42 »
 So you not sending us an email with an image anymore?

Zanan

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #239 am: 04.05.2005, 18:44:32 »
QUOTE (warlockco @ May 4 2005, 5:41:42)
So you not sending us an email with an image anymore? [/quote]
 You did not get that Entrance Area 01 pic? Anyone else either?
Gæð a Wyrd swa hio scel!

• Drucken